Who is awesome?

(I am awesome) I am a striving student who wants to achieve many things. I am a very intellegent person who is also very, very fun to be around with...... also I have a twin brother.............

Thursday, February 14, 2013

S.S.S

Student Success Statement
"So often, in our quest to be more popular and to be part of the "in-group," we lose sight of things that are far more important."
Sean Covey
This is an amazing quote by Mr. Covey that I 100% agree with. Many youths want to be popular and want to be noticed as well as admired by others. One example is a kid wanting to become popular and to obtain popularity buys new shoes that are expensive not aware of his family's economical state. I was talking to one of my friends that other day and he told me that he was considering acquiring a piercing, but I convinced him to question his motives, he only wanted to get one to be noticed and be "cool" which is absurd. Many youths today appear to have no limit when their motives pretain to popularity and that frightens me. many youths will go to extremes to be noticed and gain popularity, but are they achieving popularity in a beneficial way or are they just throwing the beneficial and good factors of their life away? That's a question that they will have to answer themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment